Monday, May 5, 2014

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Familia,

The worst thing happened this week. Changes. Hermana Martinec got transferred and now I'm stuck with just Hermana Garcia! HELP! Haha...just kidding. Well, I am serious about being sad that Hna. Martinec got changed. I really didn't like being in a trio in the MTC but it was really nice here. All three of us got along really well. I am really glad that I still have Hna. Garcia and I hope that I will start to progress even more. Being in a trio was awesome but a little hard as a new missionary because I didn't feel the need to talk since I had 2 comps who spoke Spanish really well. Now I will be forced to talk more which is scary but necessary.
First off--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EASTON!!!!!! What the heck...16 years old?! I have a 16 year old nephew?! I feel really old. Probably  because I am. haha. I hope you had a great birthday. LOVE YOU!

ALSO -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SKYE MARIE this Sunday. #8!!! 

Also, mom--I forgot to mention that I love the bag you sent in the package. It works great. 

I really love Mexico. I hope that I will only grow to love it more as I start to communicate and understand what is going on. One thing I LOVE is that everyone is so welcoming and friendly. They always say 'Estan in su casa' or you are in your house. I love that. I want to be more like that. Many of this people are so little but are so willing to share all they have. 

So I haven't had anything too weird to eat since being here. They weirdest has been this thing called Huanzontles. It's literally like a little tree and they put cheese in the middle and cook it with eggs on the outside of it...it's hard to explain. We've had them twice but it's at a house where the family is never home and their house keeper cooks for us. She doesn't eat with us so I always make Hna. Garcia eat them for me. I don't know how that girl does it. Also, that pig leg thing that I ate last week definitely made me sick. 

We had this cute activity in the chapel on Saturday. The stake primary put it on and every ward in the stake had a presentation. It was all about temples and prophets. The little kids did the presentations and the missionaries were the guides. It was so cute to hear the little kids share what they know about temples or prophets. My favorite part was at the beginning, they asked a little boy to say the prayer and this is what he said: 'Dear Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.' BEST PRAYER EVER. haha

Our convert Adrian came to church in a white shirt and tie. He received the priesthood this sunday. I felt like a proud mama. He hasn't ever worn a tie to church. I can just see him as a future missionary and it makes me excited. He also brought his girlfriend to church and wants her to start taking the missionary discussions. 

I heard that you all have ward conference this Sunday. So did we! It was really good. Our bishop talked about enduring to the end. He said that he and his family went to 6 Flags in Mexico City and they were going on this really big rollercoaster ride. He said it looked fun so they got in line. They got on the ride and it wasn't as fun as they thought. No one in his family enjoyed it. After the ride, they considered leaving because of that experience, but they had already paid for the tickets and had the rest of the day so they decided to stay. They ended up having a lot of fun! He talked about how often in the church, one thing is hard and we decided that the church isn't for us. We leave the park early because we get a calling that requires too much time or we are tired and think we deserve some rest or someone says something we don't like. But there is always more to do and better things to come. I needed to hear that.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week! I think about you often and pray for you. Thank you for your prayers. They are needed. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!


Hermana Durham :)

No comments:

Post a Comment