Monday, August 25, 2014

GUESS WHO I SAW THIS WEEK?!

First of all a BIG SHOUT OUT to my wonderful Grandparents for 65 YEARS OF MARRIAGE! I wish I could give you a big hug to thank you for being my grandparents and for raising the best mom I could have asked for. I hope you enjoy your day and can think back on the wonderful adventures that you have had and are still going to have! Here is to 65 more!!! :)


One blessing of being on a mission: I got a jury duty summons...first one in my life. And I am in Mexico. Score.

This week was good but Eder didn't end up getting baptized. His parents told us that he wasn't ready which I thought was crazy because he has had all the lessons, been to church, knows how to pray, etc. but they are the parents so we postponed it for two weeks. Also, Edgar blessed the sacrament this Sunday! One of the counselors in the bishopric brought him a tie. He had to repeat the prayer twice but it's all good! It was so exciting to see that and Tomas was super proud, too. They had a priesthood fireside and they both went. I love seeing how exciting they are about church. We had a lesson with Helen, Edgar's wife, yesterday about the Book of Mormon because she has some doubts. I asked her if she has seen changes in Edgar since his baptism and she smiled really big and said YES! He doesn't drink, he's a lot nicer and more respectful to his parents and seems happier. I was like...That's because this gospel changes lives. You will continue to see these good changes as you two work together to live the gospel! How cool. 

We got a reference from the elders the other day named Erik. We called him to set up an appointment and he speaks English really well. He told us that he really needs help and that he would meet us at church on Sunday. When we met him, he told us that he basically lost everything in his life...his job, his motorcycle, his girlfriend, his grandfather died...everything. He said that he has no idea why this is happening because he is a good person. I told him that sometimes in life, the Lord sends tests, not to punish us, but to prepare us for something better. He is searching to find his purpose. It was like a little miracle finding him. He is totally prepared for the gospel and I know that these things in his life are preparing him to accept the message that we have. YAY!! There are escojidos here! 

The highlight of the week was out multi-zone conference. WHY...well, because it's zone conference and we learn lots of great stuff. ALSO...I was reunited with HERMANA GARCIA after months of being apart. I can't explain how excited I was to see her. She looks like a mouse in the pictures because she was in a skit that we had to do for zone conference. Speaking of the skit, I was a background character that has no part...but I was happy with that. My companion was also a mouse and this sister in our zone HAND SEWED the costumes. Don't asked me where she found the time, but I thought it was rather impressive.

Zone conference was really good and we focused a lot on the Book of Mormon. It really is the key to our religion and if people actually read it, they will gain a testimony of the gospel. 
We are getting the hang of things here. I know the Lord gives us challenges to help us become stronger. Sometimes I don't really know how I am doing what I am doing. Especially this change with both of us being new...but then I realize that it is because we are working on the winning team and the Lord will help us with His work. This is the last week in the change and I am highly doubting that we will be changed...but in the mission, one never knows...

I love you all! Have a wonderful week. 

Love, Hermana Durham :)

Some sisters from my zone...Hna. Hellstern, Me, Hna. Hingano, Hna. Thompson, and Hna. Perez...she is hilarious!

Hna. Hellstern. We found out we have the same name (hers is spelled wrong but that's ok) and that we are basically the same person. 

Me and Hna. Mouse...Ward.




No comments:

Post a Comment