Sunday, March 23, 2014

Adios MTC!






HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOM!! I hope you have a special day! I wish I could be there with you but just know I'm thinking of you! AND I WILL CALL YOU TOMORROW!

Well, I'm in my last 24 hours here at the MTC. I can't really believe that I'll be in Mexico TOMORROW. WHAT?! How did this happen? I weighed me suitcases just barely...I'm at 50.2 lbs with both of them. Hopefully they don't gain weight overnight.

Not much has happened over the last few days since I last emailed, except that I've packed up all of my belongings. We have in-field orientation on Friday and it was a long day! It was super fun, though. All the missionaries that are leaving this week were there and we split into small groups and did a lot of activities and learned a lot of great things. Something that was talked about a lot is working with members. I can't tell you how excited I am to work with the members in my areas! At the end of the day, they show this video. Gwen told me about it before. It shows the growth of the church in the world since we were first organized. All the stakes and temples around the world light up. It was fun to see the growth of the church throughout the world and to imagine how much more growth is happening and will happen over my lifetime! How exciting!


We had our last classes with our teachers. I've said this before but I lucked out with teachers here. Both Hermana V and Hermano Z taught me SO much about being a missionary. Yesterday something Hno. Z said really hit me. He talked about having a vision for who we want to be as missionaries. What does the missionary who will be coming home in 18 months look like? More importantly, what does the Lord want me to become? Think about that for a minute. What kind of vision does the Lord have for you? As I sat and pondered, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to be a missionary. I am learning new things and gaining a stronger testimony every day. What a blessing it is to share the message of the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I don't think I know the kind of joy I will feel from this experience. I will be helping people come unto Christ. I will be helping people have better lives through the atonement. I'm so excited!

After our district meeting today, our branch sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" in Spanish, of course. I really have come to love this missionaries...some I may never see again. It's crazy how much you can love someone after knowing them for just a few short months. 

PEOPLE: The gospel is so true! I know this and I hope to help others come to know this, too. The gospel changes lives! It has changed mine. Open your mouths. Share the gospel with everyone you can come into contact with. I'm so grateful that is my full-time job for the next 17 months. Christ truly is the Savior of the world. God lives and wants ALL of His children to receive the blessings of this gospel. 

I'm going to send a bunch of pictures home. Get ready. 

I love you all! Next time you hear from me I'll be in Mexico! WHAT?!

Con amor,

Hermana Durham

Picture overload...I'm going to send a few emails with pictures. 

My district at the big map! MEXICO!
Name tags!
Hna. Vawdrey y Yo.
Our district and Hno. Zenger

No comments:

Post a Comment