Monday, July 27, 2015

I'm Being Transferred....

BACK TO AMERICA!

I literally can't believe this is the last time I will be in a ciber in Mexico writing you. This keyboard is literally the worst so hopefully I can finish writing this before I throw it out in the street.

I know that I will be coming home soon, but it still doesn't feel real. I don't think it will hit me until I am on the plane. 

We went to Iguala last week and visited my beloved friends and...well, family that I have there. It was not enough time. Just not enough. I truly have come to love so many wonderful people here.

It wouldn't have been a normal week in Alpuyeca if we didn't have an infestation of some kind of critter. We were infested with MAGGOTS this week. Our trash wasn't even that old and the trash man only comes around once a week so we really couldn't have prevented it. I was washing some garments in the morning and felt something on my foot and looked down and realized that the patio was COVERED in them. I took a video that I will show you in about a week. 

I have learned so many things on my mission. Here is a list of just 18 things that I have learn...they are in no particular order. 

1) Spanish
2) A bucket is a very useful tool...you can flush the toilet with it, wash your clothes, take a shower and many other things...
3) The Lord loves ALL His children
4) ANYONE can change through the atonement of Christ. ANYONE. 
5) The language of the spirit is universal. 
6) I don't have to be the best...I just have to do my best and the Lord will make up the difference
7) Planning is important
8) The scriptures can help us with ANY problem we have
9) BEING MORMON IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE
10) Satan knows our weaknesses and will do anything to remind us of those, but the Lord knows us better and can help us become stronger despite our shortcomings.
11) Humility is essential in the Lord's work. As well as patience, diligence, charity, faith, hope, and all those Christ like attributes. I feel like I have learned so much about these and have learned them from working with so many different types of people. 
12) I needed to be here at this time in my life. Without any doubt.
13) I could eat enchiladas and tacos all day everyday
14) When we are serving, we are happy
15) Prayer is so real.
16) Living the gospel improves lives...physically, emotionally, financially, and of course spiritually
17) Obedience is the key to a happy life
18) The church is SO VERY TRUE. I already knew that one, but it has been confirmed to me time and time again. I love this gospel with all of my heart. 

I am so grateful for my testimony. It is something that I treasure. I can't truly describe in words everything that I have learned and felt on my mission, but I know without a doubt that God exists, that He LOVES His children and that He has given us everything we need in order to be happy. I know that He guides our life if we let Him. I know that Christ is our savior. I know that He knows us PERSONALLY. He knows how to help us be better and will help us if we let Him. I know that Satan works so hard to destroy the work of the Lord...and this just confirms to me even more that this is so true. The gospel has been restored. We have a living prophet who guides us!! HOW AWESOME! I have learned that being a disciple of Jesus Christ requires sacrifice, but it is worth EVERY sacrifice.

Testifico que estas cosas son verdaderas. 

Les amo un BUEN! 

Can't wait to see you all soon.

Nos vemos al rato!

Con amor, 
Hermana Durham

IGUALA!!!

Celeste...this little girl would NOT smile when I first got to Alpuyeca...now she loves us.

Familia Bocanegra...love them all.

Joaquin and Dania...they are secretly American. He is our ward mission leader.








No comments:

Post a Comment